what to do when you're dog-tired at disneyland

What's one thing that's inevitable when going to a Disney park? Becoming EXHAUSTED. Without fail, after every Disney trip I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. So here are 7 things to do at Disneyland when you are dog-tired.


1. Ride a long, slow ride to relax
On my honeymoon, we were both exhausted after just a few hours in the park. Some of our favorite rides were Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Disneyland Railroad and It's A Small World. The lines are usually fast-moving and the rides are all over 9 Minutes long.

2. Sit in the Grand Californian Lobby
I had a major allergy attack on the last day of our honeymoon, so we went to the hotel to purchase Benadryl. After taking the pills I got really sleepy, so we sat in the comfy chairs in the lobby for a good hour. It was relaxing, and the air conditioning was wonderful.



3. Watch Mickey & The Magical Map
Mickey & The Magical Map is a 23 minute long show in Disneyland park. It's never super busy and the show runs every hour and fifteen minutes from 12:00-6:00 pm giving you plenty of options to go sit and wait for the show to rest your feet.

4. Go to the Tiki Room
The Enchanted Tiki Room is a 15 minute show with singing birds and music. You can even get a Dole Whip while you wait and if you get there early enough there is seating to wait even before you go into the show.



5. Go to Hungry Bear Restaurant 
There are always lots of tables and chairs at the restaurant to sit and eat at. You won't have to fight any crowds and you can put your feet up in a shaded area for awhile.

6. See a show such as Captain EO or Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.
Both are indoor shows, NEVER busy, and are fun, often over-looked attractions.

7. Animation Academy in California Adventure
Another secret place in Disneyland resort, Animation Academy is tucked back by Tower of Terror and is a great place to relax. You can find out what Disney character you're most like, learn how to draw a Disney character, or go to Turtle Talk With Crush. All of which are attracted you sit down for.

What do you do at Disneyland when you are tired? 






post signature

7 comments:

Life with Amberly said...

I feel like I want to take you on my next trip to Disneyland! I need your expertise to have an awesome vacation!

Life with Amberly said...

I feel like I want to take you on my next trip to Disneyland! I need your expertise to have an awesome vacation!

emily said...

Did you know you don't have to buy Benadryl? The first aid office has medicine

Tonis Ton said...

Hey! Great post I just came across
your blog and I love it! It would
be amazing if you could visit my blog too.
We can also follow each other if you like! :)
http://herakliografeioteleton.blogspot.gr

very nice!!!

Becca Fotheringham said...

One of my favorite things that my mom and I did in October when we were there was go to the Aladdin Show at the Hyperion Theater in California Adventure! It is an amazing show, about 45 minutes long, and has multiple showings throughout the day! Man, now I wanna go see it, aka I always wanna go to Disneyland :)

Margo @ PrettyPanda said...

Such a great post, I do all of these things haha! Also, riding the river boat gives you like 20+ minutes of doing nothing!

Mindy said...

Many a naps have I taken at the Grand Californian. Ha! :) I wish I could say I was lying, but hey, their chairs are comfortable!