Grand Legacy At the Park Hotel Review -So Close to Disneyland!

A few months ago my Mom invited me to go on a little girls trip with her to Disneyland, so I of course said, "YES!" It turned into a trip including my little brothers, but I wasn't mad about it because they are my best friends! I began looking for a hotel because our usual go-to's were booked.

I came across the Grand Legacy At the Park and saw that it had been recently remodeled and it looked AMAZING. So we booked our stay and I'm happy to report that we loved the hotel! It was such a short walk to the parks too! Which is nice because we usually pop back into the hotel around lunch time for a nap and resting. 


Everyone at the front desk was so kind and helpful, which is always a bonus. We checked in around 7:00 pm after flying from Utah. So we all went into the room, and laid down on the beds for awhile. They were really comfy! We were especially impressed by the bathrooms. We've stayed in our fair share of hotels that were downright disgusting. Moldy, mildew everywhere, bugs, you name it. Disneyland area hotels can be... a little gross. But the bathrooms at The Grand Legacy? They were the cleanest bathrooms ever! We felt so at home in them. (Or more than at home considering I'm not super great at keeping our bathroom clean. LOL!) 



From the balcony outside our room was a great view of the fireworks! You'd have to see it to believe it. We went into the parks for a few hours but ultimately went to bed early so we could get there at park opening the next day.

The breakfast was amazing!! It wasn't super busy (even though the parks were) and there was a good combination of normal continental breakfast stuff and a few warm options like these delicious waffles!



We prefer to spend our time in the parks when we go to Disneyland, but I did sneak a peek at the pool and it never seemed overcrowded and it was big and looked amazing, especially in the heat of July. Man was it hot out. 

I also got a little behind the scenes tour of their rooftop bar The Fifth. It has amazing views of both parks and I wish I had gone up there at night-time. It's family friendly until 10 pm and they offer drinks, snacks and games for the little ones. They have the cutest little firepits to sit around and it is such a quaint little area. I'd love to go back and enjoy it in all it's glory. 




Overall we really enjoyed the hotel. When we were leaving my Mom said, "I have so many people ask me what hotels are good to stay at that are close to Disneyland. I am so glad I have a new one I can recommend to my friends!"

She's so right! I would absolutely recommend The Grand Legacy (formerly Ramada Maingate) to my friends & family. It was clean, less than a 5 minute walk to the parks (closer than the Disney hotels!) and great service and free breakfast! Not much more you could ask for in a hotel am I right?

(I received a complimentary night's stay at The Grand Legacy in exchange for a review post. All review comments are my own, as always!)



 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

1 comment:

Maree said...

Lovely review! Did you stay in the most newly renovated rooms across the front of the hotel?