The Awful Detox... And the Amazing Results When You Push Through

As I started my Monat business, I paid for a whole bunch of sample sets so I could get them into the hands of potential Monat lovers and show them what Monat could do for their hair! I sent well over 50 samples via mail at my own expense because I believe in these products that much.



I started getting responses of people who LOVED their sample experience. Their hair was shiny, it was softer, they were able to go 2 days without washing their hair instead of daily washing, and some noticed additional volume! I was so excited to see that people were getting the same experience I was. Whether or not you buy, I just wanted them to have a good experience so they could understand why I'm so passionate.

Then came the opposite responses...

"My hair feels SO greasy..."

"I had to re-wash my hair because it felt disgusting...."

"My hair felt so dry I had to use twice as much product just to make it look okay..."

"My scalp was flaking so bad after I styled my hair..."

"My scalp was itchy..."


GUESS WHAT!? This is all due to a nasty yet amazing process called Detox. In my own experience with clients, about 3/10 have a detox experience making their hair seem worse at first before getting to the "magical" results they expect. The other 70% experience the amazing benefits of Monat with their first wash. 



Have you heard of people who go through a sugar detox? Or when they give up smoking, or alcohol and their body has to go through a detox? Maybe not on the same level, but that's what your hair does.

Over time, the waxes, silicones, phthalates, sulfates, and parabens from other products create a coating on our hair, which masks the true condition of our hair. Monat's botanically-based ingredients remove the build up on our hair strands and in our hair follicles. 

Men (and sometimes womens) may experience itchiness or flakiness due to years of styling products going on short hair and building up on the scalp. Monat will dissolve that build-up and clean out the follicles. Many of those follicles stop producing hair because they are so blocked by the waxes, silicones and other crap in them. That's why in our clinical trials, 46% of Monat users reported increased hair growth and 70% reported increased in repair effect improving hair anchoring. 

For women who experience detox, the biggest complaint is that their hair feels "heavy" for a few shampoos, getting oily quickly, or having tangly ends. This is normal, in fact, it is even good and it will pass. This means Monat is doing what it is supposed to do. Heavy hair means it is cleaning out your follicles, oily hair means the follicles have unclogged and have come back to life, tangly ends means build up of silicones and waxes are starting to dissolve. 


The detox generally only lasts a couple of shampoos! Seriously. STICK IT OUT. The results will be so worth it!!!

In my experience Pantene, Herbal Essence and Suave users detox the very worst. Up to a couple of weeks. Although I have heard of a rare case or two of it lasting longer. The detox is so worth it you guys. All it's doing is cleaning all the CRAP off our hair and allowing Monat to start to infuse your hair with health.


Personally my hair looked so much better after one wash, but it didn't FEEL better. It was sticky and tangly. After that initial wash, I didn't have that problem anymore. So my detox was really short, mostly because I was using professional grade products. Professional products tend to have less waxes, so the detox is less, but it can still happen. 

My hair is amazing now. I get so many compliments on the shine. Many people have asked what I'm doing different with my hair... it's Monat!! 

I'll do another post soon on how to get through detox faster, but feel free to email me and I will send some tips! Send any questions to... brooklynjolley@hotmail.com 

To order products, you can visit my website: http://brooklyndoeshair.mymonat.com/ 
Or email me and I can help you place your order (the website is honestly not the best!): brooklynjolley@hotmail.com 

Let's push through detox and get the best hair of our lives!


 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

No comments: