Monday In The Word : Your Spiritual Gifts

Yesterday in Young Women's, another leader gave a lesson on spiritual gifts. I was so inspired by her lesson, and it has kept me pondering in my heart about spiritual gifts. So that's what this is all about today. Discovering YOUR Spiritual Gifts. 



+ Read Doctrine & Covenants 46: 8-10 (HERE)

+ Write in your journal WHY we are given spiritual gifts. 

+ Read Doctrine & Covenants 46: 11-12 (HERE)

+ Search the previous scripture to see WHO is given spiritual gifts. Circle it in your scriptures. 

All men. Isn't that beautiful? Each of us has been sent to earth with spiritual gifts. Some of them may come naturally to us, and some of them may require much effort to shape and to use. I know, that it can be so easy to look at everyone around you and see THEIR spiritual gifts. We see all the things they are good at, all they are doing, and all the lives they are touching. However hard it may be to see the gifts inside ourselves, it is worth every effort. We must turn to Heavenly Father and ask Him to help us recognize and use our gifts to build His kingdom. 

+ Read 1 Corinthians 12:3-27 (HERE)

+ List out some of the spiritual gifts in the previous verses. List out some additional gifts you can think of. 

Here's a truth bomb for you. WE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL OUR GIFTS ARE FLAWLESS BEFORE WE CAN USE THEM. We simply don't. I know personally, in my patriarchal blessing I am told that teaching is one of my gifts that Heavenly Father wants me to use. Teaching is not something I would consider to be a strong point of mine. I get flustered, I lose my place, I plan too much, or too little and sometimes I can't even get participation. But I can STILL use that gift. Every lesson I teach, every time I teach someone in any context, I am strengthening that gift. You don't have to wait until you're Mozart to use your gifts. Use them today!!

+ Ponder This: What are YOUR spiritual gifts? Read your Patriarchal Blessing if you have one and list them out. Pray and ask Heavenly Father this question, "What are MY gifts? And how can I use them more frequently to build thy kingdom?"

 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

2 comments:

MrsW said...

I love this. I feel like we would be friends in real life because we have all the same resolutions. I received a daily bible for Christmas, and one thing I'm looking forward to is reading it and marking it all up with my thoughts and inspirations derived from the scripture. Good luck!
Themotherblog.com

MrsW said...

I love this. I feel like we would be friends in real life because we have all the same resolutions. I received a daily bible for Christmas, and one thing I'm looking forward to is reading it and marking it all up with my thoughts and inspirations derived from the scripture. Good luck!
Themotherblog.com