Weekend + Update on Us //

This past weekend was a 3 day weekend for us here in Utah thanks to Pioneer Day! The short of it is that Pioneer Day is a Utah state holiday celebrated on July 24th. It commemorates the day Brigham Young and the first set of Mormon pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847. It's basically a second 4th of July celebration here in Utah which is amazing because I love the 4th of July.

The 3 day weekend gave Colten and I time to finally get our house under control. With both of us working full time, it can get kinda crazy. I also ordered a Passion Planner to help me block out times every day for the things that I need to accomplish each week. I've been feeling really overwhelmed with all of our responsibilities lately. Colten and I both have fairly demanding callings for church as he is the Elder's Quorum President and I'm 1st counselor in the Young Women's presidency. We both have a desire to serve more like our Savior Jesus Christ, so we are putting a little more focus on our callings, which does translate into less free time.

Speaking of free time... this is as good of place as any to announce, but I'm taking a couple months off from doing hair. My stress and anxiety levels have been through the roof lately, and I really want to accommodate everyone who wants their hair done. It breaks my heart to say no, but after praying about it and reading the talk Of Things that Matter Most by President Uchtdorf I know that this is what I need right now. I simply don't have the free time to work full time and do hair on the side right now. October usually slows down so I am planning on taking appointments again then, but I'm not pre-booking anything, just check back then or let me know if you'd like a recommendation for a great hair stylist, I have a few friends in the area who are amazing!

I've also started working remote which means I get to work from home for my job! I've started a new morning routine in the time that I used to commute that I will most likely be sharing on here soon and after today I KNOW that this is the way Heavenly Father wants me to connect with him each morning before I begin working. I'm excited to see the influence this 25 minutes routine has on my life. Do you have a morning routine? Share it with me below! I love to be inspired by other people's routines that keep them sane.

Last but not least this weekend we went to my hometown to attend my little brother's Eagle Court of Honor and to see him become ordained a priest. We also saw my dad be set apart as bishop of his home ward. I am so excited for him to be a bishop. I've always admired his compassion and work ethic and know that he will do an amazing job. During the sacrament meeting where they switched from the old bishopbric to the new, the spirit was so strong. I know that God has called him.

We have less than one month until our 2nd anniversary and 2.5 months until our Disneyland trip! Colten has officially been in school for 18 months and I have officially been done with school for a few months now. Maybe one day I will finish a Bachelor's Degree, but for now I am very content with my Associate's and my Cosmetology License. Life is crazy but we are so blessed. So so SO blessed.



 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

1 comment:

Amberly said...

Working from home makes a huge difference! The week that I worked from home was so nice. When I was feeling drained from work, I'd take an hour break and clean my house and then go back. It was nice to be able to stop to throw in some laundry, make a healthy lunch, go for a walk in the morning, etc. and not feel confined to my desk for 8 hours. I would love to do it again :P I just know it would be more difficult with the baby.