OVERCOME // RESCUE RUN 5K

Awhile ago I saw that a blogger I knew was putting together a 5K Run that would benefit OUR (Operation Underground Railroad). I thought it sounded familiar so I did some digging. In the past 2 years since forming, OUR has saved over 419 victims of sexual trafficking and arrested 192 sex traffickers around the globe. 419. I HAD heard of this organization before, I just hadn't paid much attention to it.

As it turns out, the number of those being trafficked for sex is unbelievable. I couldn't help by think, "What if their story, were my story?" (I Was a Stranger) Then to learn how many children are being used... my heart breaks, and my stomach turns. Think that sex trafficking isn't happening? Nearly 2 million CHILDREN in the world are currently sex slaves. We can turn our eyes and pretend this isn't happening, or we can do something about it. I decided to join the Event Squad for Rescue Run 5K.


Photo Credit: While Camden Sleeps

What can you do? Monetary donations help O.U.R fund rescue missions. O.U.R. is composed of former Navy SEALs, CIA operatives, law enforcement officers, medical personnel, and military veterans who work with local governments to find and arrest traffickers as well as rescue those being trafficked. If you have money to give, do it! Give up that new top you've been eyeing, give up your daily soda or coffee stop for just one week. It WILL make a difference.

Want to participate in a fun event? On May 21, 2016 (Just a month away!) will be the first ever Rescue Run 5K in Lehi, UT. All proceeds will be donated to O.U.R. Even if you are not a runner, please consider attending. I can guarantee I'll be somewhere in the back huffing and puffing and walking a lot of it, but I'm doing it! You can too.

Use JOLLEY3 to save $3 off registration and come join me in the run to end child sex trafficking.

REGISTER HERE.

Whenever I think about things like this I think of that story of the man throwing the starfish into the sea. We might not be able to save all the starfish, but we will make a difference to each one we save.

 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

No comments: