2,200 Scriptures

Ashley tagged me in an Instagram post the other day about a scripture challenge that President Russell M. Nelson gave in a fireside. He also wrote a post about it on LDS.org. The challenge is to read every single scripture that refers to Jesus Christ as found in the Topical Guide.

There are over 2,200 scriptures about Jesus Christ between the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon and Doctrine & Covenants. WOW. 




At first it didn't sound like a ton but now that I've started the challenge I can see that this is a HUGE commitment. President Nelson completed the challenge in 6 weeks. After sitting down for 30+ minutes a couple times this week to work on the challenge, I'm not so sure I will complete it that fast! I'm gonna try and crack down on my social media time and really spend time in the scriptures learning about Christ. I'm going to do as much as possible before General Conference!! 

He even said in the article... 

"To those of you who feel you don't have time, if you will make a sacrifice, you will be well rewarded and very, very grateful for the change of perspective, increased knowledge, and improved depth of conversion. I know this is true because I have seen the same rewards in my own life." 


HE MAKES US AMAZING PROMISES!!! 


His full devotional address can be read HERE and I'd highly recommend reading it if you are thinking about completing the challenge. 

I hope you'll join me! I'll hope you'll commit to give up a few things you love in order to make time to learn more about and become closer to Jesus. We will be so blessed for our efforts.

My scriptures are still fairly new and I haven't marked in them at all. I decided to use a yellow marker to highlight the verses I have read from the Topical Guide to kind of keep track! Feel free to use that idea as well :) 

Let's get it! 


 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

No comments: