3 Ways to Carry the Spirit of General Conference Throughout the Year + a FREE month of Deseret Bookshelf PLUS

This weekend is General Conference! Which to me is seriously one of the most wonderful times of the year!! I love the feeling I have throughout the weekend and how rejuvenating and motivating it is. I wish that feeling could last all year.

So I've been experimenting with different ways that I could MAKE that feeling last all year and I wanted to share my top THREE ways that you can keep that spirit of #LDSConf with you in the 6 months between each conference.



________________________________________________________________________________



1. Use Conference Talks for Family Home Evening


When my husband & are on an FHE kick (it doesn't happen all that often...) we like to read conference talks together and share our thoughts and feelings. We often read one and then can talk about it for 30+ minutes. The church published magazines (Ensign, New Era, & The Friend) all have great ideas each month for incorporating conference talks into your Family Home Evenings.


2. Use Deseret Bookshelf PLUS for Gospel Learning 






















Have you heard about Deseret Book's new subscription offer? It's called Deseret Bookshelf PLUS. It's AMAZING! For just $9.99/month ($6.99/month for Platinum Members) can listen to unlimited audiobooks + access to over 1,500 eBooks.

There are so many books by our General Authorities that you will have available to you. There is something so powerful about hearing (and reading!) the words of those who are in tune with the spirit. Want to read...?

Broken Things to Mend by Jeffery R. Holland
Increase In Learning by David A. Bednar
No Ordinary Women by Elaine Dalton
The Orphan Keeper by Camron Wright (THIS IS ON MY TO READ!)

These (and many more are INCLUDED in your Deseret Bookshelf Plus. I'm seriously obsessing over it you guys!! You can even try it for FREE for an entire month! Use it on your commute, while you're at work, before going to bed, while taking a bath, etc. We spend so much time staring at our phones, we may as well be reading/listening to something worthwhile!

I usually prefer to read, but some days I just want to snuggle up in bed and listen, and that's why I love that this app gives you both options!




3. Set General Conference Quotes as your Phone Background

As soon as the conference starts the LDS bloggers get their fingers ready and make BEAUTIFUL prints of the most prominent quotes. For the longest time I had the quote, "Many things are good, many are important, but only a few are essential." by Elder D. Todd Christofferson set as my wallpaper. Our lives are busy and it was a reminder that although there are lots of good and important things I COULD be doing with my time, only a few are really ESSENTIAL.

So choose a quote you love and put it on your phone (or wall!) so you can reminded of what you learned in General Conference.

________________________________________________________________________________

So now... tell me what YOU do to keep the spirit of General Conference alive throughout the year!



Thanks to Deseret Book for sponsoring this post, all opinions are my own.
 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

No comments: