February Ponderize // Seek Peace

Does January just feel like it was whirlwind to anyone else? It sure does to me!! The month flew by and we were so busy with so many awesome events and activities. Not to mention my resignation from my current company and a job offer at another! (More on this in a later post) 

To be honest, t's been a while since I've felt a lot of peace in my life. Do you feel like peace is something that should just *magically* happen when your life is in balance? That peace should just be sort of a prize you win for living your life righteously? That's how I've always felt about it. Whenever I was in the *right* job or married to the *right* man or doing the *right* things with my time, then I'd feel peace. 



And maybe to some extent that is correct. However, as I was reading the book of Psalms this past month I came across this scripture: 

Psalms 34:14

"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." 


Seek peace? Pursue peace? What does that look like? What does it look like to seek after and pursue something like peace? Would it mean a change in your priorities? A change in how you spend your free time? Would it mean giving up a toxic relationship or creating a new relationship with someone who inspires you? Would it mean more time in the scriptures? In prayer? In the temple? Would it mean more 1:1 time with your spouse? With your mom? With a neighbor? 

What does seeking and pursuing peace look like for you? I for one, have had this TRUTH BOMB moment with this verse. Like guess what guys? It's okay to pursue peace! Everything in your life does not need to be perfect for you to feel peace! Jesus offers you a peace so different than the world can ever provide. We just have to seek it. Maybe that does mean spending more time getting to know him, and I mean REALLY getting to know him. So for this month, I'll be seeking and pursuing peace in a world that is full of stress, anxiety and over-scheduling. I hope you'll join me in your own pursuit of peace, because nothing can truly beat the peaceful feeling we get from Jesus Christ, our Savior.


 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

2 comments:

Tayler Morrell said...

I love this scripture!

Ashley Ziegler said...

I agree whole-heartedly with this post!! I always thought that once I accomplished this or that, it would all bring me so much peace!! But that hasn't always been the case. I love the paragraph where you're asking all sorts of questions. So many of them really made me stop and think of what I could change to bring more peace into my life!!

Thanks Brooklyn!!