January // Jolley Family Update

January has been a super great month so far! We've done a lot of really fun things and accomplished a lot too. New Years Eve we spent with friends. Going out to eat and then hanging out until midnight. I don't understand the lure of staying awake til midnight though, I was so tired and cranky by 11. HA!


I had a really cool family history experience that you can read about HERE. But basically, I love doing family names and the spirit of Elijah is real! We love taking family names to the temple. We know that Satan works really hard to keep us from the temple, but I'm happy to report we've already been twice this month. Mission accomplished!



We took my family to a really neat blogger event put on by Gorgoza Park. I only went down the baby hill once and that was enough for me. But everyone had a blast and I'm super glad we were able to go. We went to Winger's after with everyone which is always delicious! I'll try and write a blog post specifically about Gorgoza and the awesome time we had, but you can learn about it HERE.





Another one of my 2016 goals is to help get my Young Women more involved in Personal Progress. I found these really cute Lunchables S'more Dippers at Walmart and added a super cheesy label. I've been able to cross a few things off my own Personal Progress and am almost half way through the Book of Mormon.



We went to a car show with friends in Salt Lake and had a lot of fun looking at the different cars.



I've been doing the Dating Diva's 30 Day Love Challenge for just over a week and have been having so much fun with it. It is totally worth the $2.99 cost AND the $20 I paid for color ink. I've noticed a change in our marriage, and I like to think our marriage was pretty good to begin with ;) I get so excited to serve Colten and see his reactions to each day's challenge.




I started school! I'm just over 2 weeks in. The entire program is online which is super convenient and I really like being back in school. It's weird to have a commitment to homework again, but I'm excited to start digging in and learning some more about graphic design.

After 7 months of waiting, I FINALLY got my hair done again and I feel like a new woman.


We babysat my nephew overnight this last week and I gained a whole new respect for all you mommas. He'd only sleep for about 2 hours at a time and then wake up crying so hard. It only took 10-15 minutes to put him back to sleep but that makes for really restless sleep. He is so cute though, totally worth it. Plus, once his mom picked him up I took a 3.5 hour nap. Whoops.



Surprise! We are one step closer to my husband starting Jolley Bro's Sconeburgers with his brother again. We purchased a truck this last weekend. It's a 2000 F-150 with only 60,000 miles. Holy crap right? We got a super good deal and are really happy and excited. Of course the day we bought it there was a snowstorm so we really got to test it out. Colten will graduate in December with his BS in Accounting but within the next 6-8 months they are hoping to open business for some events.




We are now officially both working full time and attending school full time so we stay plenty busy. Plus some wonderful yet trying church callings.

End of this month we are taking an overnight trip to Logan to stay at the Anniversary Inn and I am so excited for a romantic getaway with my husband. Plus I'm getting really excited for Valentine's Day sooo... yeah. There's that!

I think that about covers it. I hope your January is rounding out to be a great month!

__________________________________________________________________

P.S. One more thing: Shop My Sister's Closet Boutique is having an amazing clearance sale. An additional 50% off everything! Head on over to see all the cute stuff they have!


 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

2 comments:

Mae Rae-MTBA said...

Looks like you had a great time! I just started school again as well and I agree, it is so weird doing homework again!

Tayler Morrell said...

Sconeburgers sounds like a delicious idea!