dialects of the five love language, yup, it's a real thing

Hello A Little Too Jolley readers! I'm Amberly from Life with Amberly & Joe and I'm so excited that Brooklyn's letting me hang out on the blog today! She is one of my favorite bloggers, and I am always inspired to be a better wife after reading her posts. I love the fun date nights that the Jolleys plan and I was really excited when they spent one date took The Five Love Languages quiz. I love talking about love languages, it's one of my favorite books and I love the concept behind it.

Speaking Each Other's Love Language

When my husband and I took the love languages quiz before we got married, my top two love languages were Quality Time and Physical Touch, his were Physical Touch and Quality Time. They've changed a bit since then, but we both still value quality time. I was so excited because I was sure that meant we'd understand each other and our relationship would be a lot easier. Unfortunately, that hasn't always been the case. The second or third time I read the book, The Five Love Languages, I learned about different dialects in our love language of quality time and discovered why. Meaningful conversation with my husband is important to me. I love to talk about our future and and I like to ask him random questions that might help me get to know him just a little bit better. Joe loves spending time with me, no technology, no distractions, just us, cuddling on the couch or doing something we both love together. When I ask questions or get too involved in a conversation, Joe gets anxious and doesn't know what to say. Just sitting around together, especially when we're watching TV, makes me antsy and I have a hard time not pulling out my computer or my phone so that I can feel productive at the same time. We speak the same love language, just in different ways.

Love Languages Speaking Each Other's Love Language, love languages marriage husband wife love language test test for love language why are dialects of love language imporant life with amberly brooklyn jolley a little to jolley amberly lambersen


Recognizing our differences and making an effort to "speak" that dialect of my husband's love language has made a huge difference and it keeps us both happy! I'm constantly learning new ways to speak his love language better and the more I learn, the easier married life is. I chose the best man to journey through life and learn with, I don't know what I'd do without him! What have you learned about your love languages since you've bee married or in a relationship?


Amberly

1 comment:

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

awesome post. Love is a great thing.

following you on twitter and blog. would love a follow back.

hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/HotOwlPink07