Spending A Month With Isaiah

At the temple last night, I was studying the scriptures. I was praying and asking Heavenly Father to help guide me to something that would help me know what goals I should set for myself for the month of August. I came across the scripture in Doctrine & Covenants 101:37...


"Therefore, care not for the body, neither the life of the body; 

but care for the soul, and for the life of the soul."

I realized that I've been spending the past few months working really hard on my body, trying to improve it, lose weight, grow out my hair, etc, etc, etc. Are those all good things? YES! A million times yes, but I realized that this month I need to spend more time focusing on improving my soul. 

So I talked about it with my husband and told Him I'd be setting some new Happiness Project goals for August, especially working on my spiritual side. While he worked on some homework I was reading the August issue of the Ensign and came across this article, Technicolor Isaiah, which also happened to be an answer to one of my goals for August.


Anyone who's ever read anything from the book of Isaiah knows that it is a HARD read. It doesn't really have a story line, and it uses some weird literary forms. 

I'm taking the article's advice and studying it through while looking for references to Christ's Mortal Ministry and highlighting them in RED. That way the chapters will have some structure. One day I hope to go back through and mark these other references...
Christ's 2nd Coming and Millenial: ORANGE
Gathering of Israel: BLUE
Restoration of the Gospel: GREEN

Have you ever read the book of Isaiah? What are you currently doing to improve yourself spiritually? 


 photo jolley-sig_zps8e3a9f4d.jpg

No comments: