4 Things First Timers Should Know About Their Trip To Disneyland

We went on our honeymoon to Disneyland. My husband hadn't been since he was so little he couldn't remember, so it was basically like he was a first-timer all over again. I on the other hand have been every year since I was born. Which makes for right around 25 times. Somewhere along the way I lost count.


We had the time of our lives on our honeymoon! It was truly a magical vacation for us both. However, I noticed that it was a little rougher on my husband because let's be honest, Disneyland can be a culture shock! So I've put together a list of 4 things first timers should know about their trip to Disneyland to hopefully ease some of the stress that comes with a first time park visit.

1. Everything Costs More Than You Think
Plan to pack in snacks or lunches to cut costs, but remember to WAY overbudget for food and snacks. It sucks that everything is so expensive, but complaining about it won't change it. Preparation might save you the annoyance. 

2. You can book some restaurants up to 60 days in advance. DO IT.
And on that note, I scheduled our lunch at Blue Bayou for 3:00. Is that a random time? Yes. And it was on purpose. Right around noon most of those in the park get hungry, so therefore they are busy eating and not on rides. It's a perfect time to hit up a busier right. Same goes with about 6:00 for dinner. Or if you prefer to eat at the normal eating times, you'll definitely want to book asap so you can get the time you want! More here.

3. FastPasses Are Your Best Friend
Simply put, a FastPass reduces your wait time by figuratively "Holding your place in line" while you ride other rides. These 3 Must-Do Rides for Thrill Seekers have the FastPass system for them. I don't know what I would do without this system. Learn more about it here.

4. Tired? There Are Fun Things You Can Do!
I recently wrote a post about what to do when you're dog tired at Disney, because it's basically inevitable. There are 7 ideas to help you cope when you have tired legs or your children need a break from going going going. Go check out that post here!

Are you a Disneyland expert? What would you add to the list?

And if you're new to Disneyland, what other questions do you have??




 photo jolley-sig_zps8e3a9f4d.jpg

3 comments:

Ashley Anderson said...

everytime you post something about disney i feel like im reading my own personal journal! haha. we SERIOUSLY should consider going in on a disney blog together. like..really.. haha
i loved this! you inspire me to write more disney posts ;)

Amberly said...

I never knew about the scheduling thing and had wanted to go to the Blue Bayou on my birthday, but we didn't get to :P

Shelby Delbridge said...

I love DisneyLand! ...and fastpasses. They are so nifty! I love all of your posts, especially these disney ones! They're just so much fun(: