My // Inside Out // Review

I'm always worried that the newest Disney movie won't live up to my expectations. I mean, they have an amazing history, so it's a legit worry! I'm happy to say that Inside Out lived up to my expectations!



THE SHORT //

The classic PIXAR short before the movie is about a volcanoe who just wanted to be loved. It's not my all-time favorite short, but it was cute. It was a feel good short that preps you for a great movie like all the PIXAR shorts do. 

THE STORY LINE //

IMDB's description says this, "After young Riley is uprooted from her Midwest life and moved to San Francisco, her emotions- Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust, and Sadness- conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school." 

I thought the story line was clever and engaging. It's obvious that everything is going to work out okay in the end, but you still go through all the feels watching Riley navigate her new life. SPOILER ALERT! When Joy & Sadness go missing you start to recognize how important it is that we have all of our emotions. Sadness has a part at the end where you realize that Sadness is necessary for empathy. It's really sweet. 

THE CHARACTERS //

All of the characters are so loveable! I wish they could just hang out with me all day. I loved how they each had such distinguishing characteristics, but even Disgust & Anger were so cute. They all wanted what was best for Riley but had their own ways of getting her there. 

Even the side characters- mom, dad, an imaginary friend, etc all were wonderfully done. 

OVERALL //

This definitely lives us to a Disney PIXAR movie hype! It is cute, makes you happy, and also makes you think. I went and saw this with my husband and we both enjoyed it! I think adults and children alike will all enjoy this movie. My little brothers have seen it twice already and loved it both times, they said it was better the second time around. 

If you're wondering if you should go see it, my answer is yes! Take the family, take your girlfriend, go see it alone, but go see it! You'll love it!


 photo jolley-sig_zps8e3a9f4d.jpg

1 comment:

Ashley Romney said...

I've been dying to see this! Thanks for the wonderful review! I'm that much more excited! :)