choosing blogs to sponsor

Hey there, ALTJ readers!  It's Rachael again.  I'm so excited to be a part of Brooklyn's "Spring Clean your blog" series!  Today let's chit chat on how to choose what blogs to sponsor.



I'm a college student, so I'm not really ROLLING in the dough.  I have, however, invested some money into my blog because I think it's definitely worthwhile!  However, there are some things to keep in mind when trying to decide what blogs to sponsor.  Here are my guidelines that I stick to when deciding who to sponsor!



Size of the Blog
It's tempting to try and just buy ads for "bigger" bloggers, but I've noticed that honestly you get better attention from smaller bloggers that are willing to do more with your adspace!  To me, I've learned it's better if I buy an adspace with a blogger I have a connection.  If they're already reading your blog, that's a bonus!  That just means that they'll be more willing to share what they already love!  It's a win win :)

Content
This is KEY.  I am a lifestyle blogger (fancy schamcy way of saying I write about what I feel like writing about!), so I advertise on lifestyle blogs!  However, I have advertised on faith/relationships/Christian blogs too, because the "core values" of my blog align with those.  I would not, however, advertise on mommy blogs, health/fitness blogs, or anything that I don't really blog about.  Not that I don't read those (because I do!), but because I know that those readers might not love my blog.

Price
I'm in college.  I do not make tons of money off my blog.  Therefore, I do not spend a lot!  I always look for adsales ;)  Also, I always want to get the most out of my money, which leads me too...

What they Offer
Things to consider: Can you guest post? {great way to get your voice to their readers and truly make an impression!}  Will they give you social media shoutouts?  Will they read and comment on your blog?  I personally always want a little feature on their blog, because I think that's a great way to "show me off!"

What are things YOU consider when you choosing to sponsor a blog?

 photo rachaelsignature_zps453ddf17.png

6 comments:

Cody Doll said...

I love these. I think with Guest Posting Option you have to be careful because I have seen people group together their quest poster, which is fine but many reader usually skip over that. Or they blogger titles the post "Guest..." so again readers jump over it. I think if I was going for an ad with guest posting, I would see what I am truly going to get first. Just saying.
Great ideas though.

Ashley Ziegler said...

I really like these ideas!

Our Appetizer said...

I swear Rachael always comes up with great ideas! She is definitely one of my favorite bloggers. But anyways, back to this post...I really need to start sponsoring. I love writing and I love my blog so I think I should help others out as well.

Rgord said...

HEY RACH I WISH I WAS AS AWESOME AS YOU :(

Rgord said...

HEY RACH I WISH I WAS AS AWESOME AS YOU :(

Kiersten said...

I'm a college student as well, so as much as I want to sponsor blogs, it's difficult. I definitely don't go for ones that just offer a side-bar position, because I've found that almost nobody ever clicks those. My favorite blogs to sponsor are ones that offer social media mentions, guest posts, and/or giveaways!
<3 Kiersten