Benefit They're Real Mascara Review

I hardly ever buy mascaras twice. Something about a brand new mascara that I have no preconceived notions about is really exciting for me. Consider it my own personal adrenaline rush! But the only mascara I've ever bought twice is Benefit's "They're Real" Mascara. 


I bought the sample size awhile ago as a splurge and once I ran out of my Mary Kay mascaras I decided to splurge with some of my personal money and get Benefit's They're Real in full size! 

The website says this about the mascara...


What it does:

This breakthrough bestseller reveals lashes you never knew you had! The specially designed brush features staggered bristles that grab close to the root, boosting length and volume beyond belief. The custom-domed tip uses precision bristles to lift, define, and curl even your tiniest lashes. With a glossy, jet-black, long-wearing formula, you’ll flaunt luxurious, silky lashes that won’t smudge, clump, or dry out. True story! 


What else you need to know:


Go horizontal! The staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length and volume. Then go vertical! The custom-domed tip with precision bristles lift, define, and curl even your tiniest lashes. 


___________

What I say about it?

Pros...
-Doesn't clump
-Makes my lashes look SO good
-Lengthens my lashes
-Stays on all day and doesn't smudge
-Gives lashes volume

Cons...
-It's expensive
-Incredibly hard to get off at night. I used to just use water to get my makeup off but now I use an oil free eye makeup remover and still have to put some elbow grease into it. 


It also came with the new Push Up Liner. The jury is still out on that one. I haven't been able to get the application right quite yet but I read that it takes some practice. 


Have you tried either of these products? What's your go-to mascara?






 photo jolley-sig_zps8e3a9f4d.jpg

No comments: