If I were to make a Mix Tape...


Image Source: Matt E / Flickr
Hello there, A Little Too Jolley readers! I’m Jae, and I blog over at SCATTERBRAIN. I am taking over Brooklyn’s blog today to talk about something we both have in common—our love for everything Disney-related.
I grew up in the 90s, and my recollection of my early childhood includes watching Disney movies on Betamax while Mom did her household chores. Does anyone in this generation still know what a Betamax is? Let’s just say that it is the ‘mother of Blu-Ray discs’.
Anyway, I’ll let you in a little secret. My college girlfriends and I call ourselves the Disney Princesses. We are a group of six, each representing a Disney Princess: Princess Aurora of Sleeping Beauty, Princess Jasmine of Aladdin, Princess Ariel of The Little Mermaid, Princess Snow White of Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs, Princess Cinderella of Cinderella, and myself as Princess Belle of the Beauty and The Beast. It’s crazy, but I don’t think we could ever outgrow that.
Alongside my affinity with Disney classics is my penchant for its original soundtrack. If I were to make a mix-tape out of some of my all-time [and ever-growing] favorite Disney songs that remind me of a particular memory in my life, it will include the following: 
  • Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas. This was my song piece when I first performed in front of an audience other than my family. It was a pretty awesome experience!
  • Beauty and The Beast from Beauty and The Beast. Remember that I am Princess Belle, so it’s rather self-explanatory why this has to be in the mix-tape. Ha!
  • Can You Feel The Love Tonight? from The Lion King. I used to own a cassette tape of this movie’s OST, and this particular track is my brother’s favorite. When he was younger, he’d often ask me to play it over and over again.
  • Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid, A Whole New World from Aladdin, and Reflections from Mulan. These were three of the songs I used to always sing in preparation for our recital when I joined the Center for Pop Music Philippines a little more than ten years ago.
  • Go The Distance from Hercules. This song reminds me so much of my youngest brother’s performance as Hercules during high school. He won Best Actor for his outstanding act!
  • Let It Go from Frozen. Unlike most people I know, I don’t get tired of listening to this song. In fact, there was a time when I watched/listened several different versions of this song in YouTube, mostly covered by little girls! Can it get more adorable than that?

Now it’s your time to share.  If you were to do same, what songs will make it to your Disney mix-tape?

SCATTERBRAIN          
Jae  Blogger
SCATTERBRAIN  Manila
Email • Twitter  Instagram

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this opportunity, Brooklyn! I had fun writing this post!

Unknown said...

Definitely 'Friend Like Me' from Aladdin. Love that song. Makes me smile and dance every time I hear it.

V
Life+1

Unknown said...

So cute, V!

Definitely 'Friend Like Me' from Aladdin. Love that song. Makes me smile and dance every time I hear it.

Tayler Morrell said...

I absolutely love Disney songs! I sing them to Rhys all the time!

Jhanz said...

Love the list of songs! :) Kinda made me a little too nostalgic haha :)

Unknown said...

I guess I would, too, if I become a mom!

I absolutely love Disney songs! I sing them to Rhys all the time!

Unknown said...

So cool, right? 90s, baby!

Love the list of songs! :) Kinda made me a little too nostalgic haha :)