DISNEYLAND DAY 2

Day 2 of our Disneyland trip we were exhausted, but we really wanted to make the morning hours count. We were at California Adventure right as it was opening. First we needed to get Radiator Springs Racers Fastpasses. That's the new Cars Land ride and it is ALWAYS busy at all times of the day, they pretty much always run out of Fastpasses by lunchtime.

I had to wait in a line to get a Fastpass (which is so weird!) but we got our Fastpasses and then headed to Toy Story Midway Mania. It is another one of my absolute favorite rides, but always has a pretty long wait time compared to the rest of the park. We waited about 40 minutes.

Of course by this time of day everyone was ready for a churro break. Some of our group rode Mickey's Fun Wheel and some rode Silly Symphony Swings. I honestly sat out from both as I'm scared of heights and spinning can make me really sick!



I'd been raving about the Ramone's Pear of Dice Pear Soda at the Cozy Cones in Radiator Springs, so we went there and everyone tried a few treats. I'm pretty sure I'm going to figure out how to make the pear soda at home, we snuck a peek while she was making it and it didn't really seem too hard.




It was time for Radiator Springs Racers! Even with our Fastpass we still waited 15-20ish minutes, but at that point the Stand By line was at 90 minutes. It took us awhile after that to decide where to go next, but we ended up doing lunch. Some went to Pacific Wharf Cafe and got Clam Chowder. Soup did NOT sound good to me, so my husband and I headed over to SmokeJumpers Grill for a burger. We split a meal because I knew that there was a treat from the Candy Shop that I really wanted to try!



Our group re-grouped at the candy shop near the entrance of California Adventure and I tried and Olaf Marshmallow Treat. It was marshmallows dipped in caramel and then dipped in white chocolate that looked like Olaf. So yummy and SO sugary!

We went back over to Disneyland (bless those Park Hoppers, so worth the money!) and went straight to Star Tours to pick up Fastpasses. We had some time to kill before our Fastpass return window, so we went and rode Roger Rabbit's Cartoon SpinIt's a Small WorldPirates of the Caribbean as well as Jungle Cruise. Our Fastpass allowed us to get another one shortly after, so while waiting for Pirates a few from our party when and got Splash Mountain Fastpasses.



We went back over to Star Tours and rode that one with our Fastpasses, it is super fun by the way! Motion rides usually get me sick but I can do Star Tours once. At this point a lot of our group was tired. Some of us with thunder thighs (cough cough me!) were chafing and feet were aching. We headed back to the hotel to rest.

Those who stayed in the parks rode Splash Mountain and Mr Toad's Wild Ride. And those of us who went back to the hotel to rest stopped at the Denny's across the street for some dinner. Then I took a shower and collapsed on my hotel bed.

The group in the parks called shortly after and asked if we wanted to come back and see the show Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular at 6:20 pm, which we did! So we put our shoes on and headed back to California Adventure to watch the show. It is a really good show, and after 12 years running they will be playing the last shows in January 2016!

Most of us ended the night there, and once again fell asleep around 9:30 pm.


Recap of What We Rode:
Toy Story Midway Mania
Mickey's Fun Wheel/Silly Symphony Swings
Radiator Springs Racers
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
It's a Small World
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
Star Tours
*Some rode Splash Mountain
*Some rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular

Recap of What I Ate:
Hotel Continental Breakfast
Churro
Cozy Cones in Radiator Springs
Pacific Wharf Cafe/Smokejumpers Grill
Olaf Marshmallow from Candy Shop
Denny's Across from Disneyland

See the recaps for the other days here:
 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

1 comment:

Amberly said...

The Aladdin show is one of my very favorite parts of California Adventures!!