Promised Blessings //

In keeping with my goal to share more of what I love and learn from General Conference, I'm writing today to share another talk from the Women's Session...


"Besides repentance, what helps or tools have we been given to help us stay clean and virtuous? Our Primary children and young women all know and sing the song, 'Scripture Power.' Can we expand it to Prayer Power, Temple Power, Covenants Power, Sabbath Day Power, Prophet Power, and Virtue Power?" 

When I was listening to this talk during the live session, I thought to myself, "That is a great list! What can I personally begin improving on today?" I know that I could improve in each one of those areas, most of us could probably improve in each of those areas. So where should we begin? 

Our Heavenly Father does not need us to improve in each one of those areas right now, we just need to be a little better today than we were yesterday, and a little better tomorrow, than we are today. When we are striving to improve ourselves, we can turn to Heavenly Father and ask for his help and direction. We have an atonement available to us because of Jesus Christ, that we can us. 

The blessings of eternity may seem so far out. Near the end of this talk, Sister Reeves says..

"I do not know why we have the many trials that we have, but it is my personal feeling that the reward is so great, so eternal and everlasting, so joyful and beyond our understanding that in that day of reward, we may feel to say to our merciful, loving Father, 'Was that all that was required?'"

Life is hard. It can be so hard. Serving as a leader in the Young Women's organization in my ward has opened my eyes to the problems of others. I asked my husband yesterday, "How did we not know that there were so many families, with so many problems?" Everyone's trials are different, and even though the times of trial are hard, and sometimes almost unbearable, I promise you, that your weaknesses can be made strong, and that our Heavenly Father loves us so much, that He is not asking us to go through this life alone! We have each other, and we have Him. 

I think one day when we meet our Father in Heaven, we will see Him and say, "Was that ALL that was required?" I truly believe that those blessings that He is preparing for us, and the peace we will feel from knowing we did our part here on earth, will make us ask, "Was that ALL?"

 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

1 comment:

Ashley Ziegler said...

Her talk seriously spoke straight to my soul. I can't even believe it. I almost started crying. I hadn't even had the chance to write down questions, or pray about my questions before this talk. And then she started speaking and I was like, YES! YES! YES! It was wonderful :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts<3