What Is Oil Pulling? + My Results!!

About a year ago I saw a post about Oil Pulling. Oil Pulling is an oral detoxification through the process of swishing tablespoon of oil (I use coconut oil) in your mouth for 5-20 minutes.

I started to read more about the benefits and last month I decided I really wanted to give it a try. I purchased some organic coconut oil, some Clove essential oil and gave it a try.

Some of the benefits of oil pulling: 

> Whitens Teeth
> Reduces Headaches
> Detoxes the Body
> Keeps Skin Clear
> Reduces Plaque
> Reduces Cavities
> Helps TMJ

After two weeks of oil pulling, here are my results...


I was SHOCKED! I'm so glad I had a before picture to compare it to because holy crap! 

I've been using about a tablespoon of oil + 1-2 drops of Clove Essential Oil, and swishing it around for 5-20 minutes. I'll be honest, when I first started, I GAGGED on it. I gagged the first few times, and I could only swish for a few minutes. Now I am up to about 15 minutes a time and no gagging. It has gotten so much easier. I usually walk around and do other things while I swish or I sit and read on my Kindle. 


Clove cleanses the mouth and gums as well as promotes fresh breath. So it's kind of like you're just taking your oil pulling one step farther! I ended up purchasing a full size Clove and a HUGE jar of Coconut Oil after seeing my results! This is definitely one part of my nightly routine I will be continuing with.

Have you ever tried Oil Pulling?


 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

No comments: