3 things you must do on your disneyland honeymoon


When my husband and I got married, it was no surprise when we decided on a Disneyland honeymoon. He hadn’t been since he was six years old, and I have been at least once a year since birth. I was ready to take my new husband on the ultimate tour of Disneyland for honeymooners. And now, I’d like to share some honeymoon tips for your Disneyland getaway!



     1. Stop by Guest Services and Get “Just Married” Pins.

I can’t stress this one enough. To the left of the Disneyland entrance turnstiles is a little place called Guest Services. Go over there, wait in the line, and tell them you want pins that say you were “Just Married.” Within an hour of getting the pins we went to lunch at River Belle Terrace and the kind cast member gave us our drinks free as a ‘wedding gift!’ Then we were consistently being told “Congratulations” by Cast Members and Guests alike. My husband has raved to all his friends about the special treatment we got for being newlyweds in Disneyland.


2. Can’t Afford a Romantic Meal? Split One!

Being college-going newlyweds, we didn’t have a ton of money. But we knew we wanted to eat at the Blue Bayou. So we split a meal. Our waitress didn’t even give us a hard time about it! She was so kind and it made our meal totally affordable. Plus, after we splurged on churros. ;)
Another yummy restaurant if you are looking for a romantic atmosphere would be the new Carthay Circle Theatre Restaurant. Mmm, Mmm, my mouth is watering now.

     3. Pick One Day to Open the Park, and Pick One Day to Close the Park

By the time we made the 12 hour drive from our home to Disneyland, we were exhausted. We were already exhausted from the wedding! So we vowed that it would be okay if we wanted to take things easy. So we picked one day to get to the park right as it opened and ride some of the busier rides, and then we picked one day to stay late and watch World of Color while cuddled in each other’s arms, you know, typical newlywed stuff. That decision alone took away so much stress we had about getting everything done. Just enjoy what you CAN do, and don’t worry about the rest.


What tips do you have for Disneyland Honeymooners?


post signature

2 comments:

Angela said...

Too cute! I love Disney! Bride and groom ears are a must!

Amberly said...

So fun! I'm still bummed that I didn't get to eat at Blue Bayou when I was there, I've heard great things about it! Next time! ;) And seriously, wearing a button is the best thing ever. I wish I could wear a button on my birthday every year, EVERYONE wished me a happy one! :)