the best dating advice

This time last year I was in a somewhat unofficial relationship with a guy that I wasn't really sure I wanted to be with. But trying to protect his feelings, I dated him a few weeks longer than I should have. I realized I needed to trust God with my love life. I was only 19 after all, I didn't need to settle. I threw myself into a study of the scriptures and began to focus more on my spirituality. 2 months later I went on a blind date with the man who would become my future husband.




Will this be the case in everyone's story? Is it as simple as studying the scriptures more and you get a rockin husband? Not necessarily. But the reason I dumped that guy, was because of this quote...

Do you want capability, safety and security in dating and romance, in married life and eternity? Be a true disciple of Jesus. Be a genuine, committed, word-and-deed Latter-Day Saint. Believe that your faith has everything to do with your romance because it does. You separate dating from discipleship at your peril. Jesus Christ, the Light of the world, is the only lamp by which you can successfully see the path of love and happiness. How should I love thee? As He does, for that way 'never faileth.'"
-Jeffrey R. Holland

We can't always control our love lives, we have to turn it over to God. Your faith has EVERYTHING to do with your romance. And it continues to be true throughout my new marriage. Spirituality increases love, and love makes for better romance. Don't believe me? Try it out for yourself! 


post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Some excellent ideas here I don’t have a news blog as such but there are some great tips that I plan to use.

Introduction agencies London