"Don't yield to Satan's lie that you don't have time to study the scriptures. Choose to take time to study them. Feasting on the word of God each day is more important than sleep, school, work, television shows, video games, or social media."
Richard G Scott
Wow. How powerful is that statement. Scripture study is more important than SLEEP! More important than homework, or work presentations, or blogging. And if we're going to make the most of our scripture study we have to know HOW to make that happen.
So here's 10 ways to get more from your scripture study:
1. Have a journal specifically for scripture study. Write down impressions as you read.
2. Open anywhere are start reading.
3. Pray before you read. Ask Heavenly Father to help your mind be enlightened to the things he would have you learn.
4. Share what you read! Share with your best friend, your husband, your instagram, or your blog. Just share it.
5. Try listening to audio versions of the scriptures.
6. Go to LDS.org and look up general conference talks that relate to the scriptures you are reading.
7. Check the footnotes for extra information.
8. Eat a treat or have a yummy drink while studying.
9. Explore the Bible Dictionary.
10. Meditate on a passage.
There are lots of ways to get more from your scripture study. What works for your visiting teacher might not work for you. And what works for you might not work for your BFF. Pray to the Lord to be enlightened on how you can get more from your scripture study and I promise he will help you discover the best ways for you to do so.