I spent the rest of the day reflecting on the way I had spent the past 14 days and how my perspective of being a better wife had changed.
A few things I learned...
1. Being a better wife DOES NOT MEAN you will be a perfect wife. I still let my mouth run, or was lazy, or forgot to flirt with my husband, etc. But I was definitely being a little better.
2. When you have a specific goal in mind, it is easier to attain. On days that I planned to make dinner, I made dinner. On days I planned to work out a little harder, I worked out a little harder. Set specific, measurable goals to reach.
3. You can't change your husband, but he might reciprocate. This challenge was about me changing for him, not the other way around. But almost every time I left him an index card love note, he wrote on the back of it. Cute right? <3
4. We see what we are looking for. If you are expecting him to be bratty or selfish, that's what you'll see. If you're watching for romantic, nice gestures, you'll find them.
5. Prayer changes things. Prayer changes my marriage every day. Let it change yours.
This definitely won't be the last time I take this challenge.