how i survived the social security office & the dmv all in one day

Yesterday I went to the Social Security office and DMV to get my name change rollin. I waited over an hour at my first stop. I knew it was going to be a long wait. So instead of dreading it, I planned ahead and took a book I've been so excited to read!



I was glad I had sticky notes and a pen to start making notes in my book. It's AMAZING guys. And I've already come up with some ideas for new goals once I get the hang of the ones I'm already working on ;) 

I love how honest this book is. They take a realistic approach to strengthening marriages, but they do consider themselves marriage optimists. Something I also consider myself. 

I love this quote...

"It's not enough to simply be optimistic; optimism needs to be paired with specific plans and action, or it's just a good feeling."

Optimism requires action! Love requires action! True love is INTENTIONAL!

Have you read any good books about relationships recently? 


post signature

3 comments:

SaraC said...

One thing I love about you, Brooklyn, is how outrightly determined you are to be an amazing wife! I've noticed a lot of married couples succeed, but maybe not as intentionally as you will, if that makes any sense. It makes me want to be the same way when I'm married :)

Amberly said...

I'm officially adding this to my list of books to read! :)

Ashley said...

So good that you came prepared! This book sounds really amazing. I totally agree..optimism requires action. We often think that by just being cheerful about things, that everything will work out...but that's not the case! We have to put the hard work behind it.