day three of being a better wife


Day three started with some cuddling in bed. It was Mr. Jolley's late day at work, which meant he didn't have to leave for work until 10 instead of 8:30. He offered to make waffles, and then when he got distracted just cuddling me. I decided I didn't want to complain about how my tummy wanted the waffles he offered. I just enjoyed the fact that my husband got to sleep in with me and we got to do nothing but cuddle for a good solid half hour. 

I had a SlimFast shake for breakfast. He did too. I teased him because the SlimFast shakes are mine. I'm not sure how well received it was. I need to watch that sarcasm of mine. 

After I kissed my husband goodbye I took a shower and got ready. I threw the sheets in the washer (how often should sheets be washed?) and did some blog reading. Then I got a phone call. And was offered the part-time job I had applied for. The job I had decided to decline. I told her yes. I told her I was okay working some Sunday's and that I didn't need more than a few nights a week. Then I told my husband she offered it to me. We texted back and forth for awhile about it. I knew the answer was no, I needed to say no to the job. So I called her back and told her I needed a job that didn't work me Sunday's, and she deserved an employee who was willing to work Sundays. I hope she took it well. Either way, with the weight off my shoulders, I remembered something I did last night. Instead of complaining about not having a job, I wrote a note on the mirror, thanking Mr. Jolley for providing so I can attend full-time cosmetology school. What a blessing he is to me. Just writing that note made me feel like a rock-star wife. I can be grateful, even when grumpy. 

Even though my husband and I are trying to lose weight, I took a Dr. Pepper for his last hour and a half of work. I know that if there's anything that almost always sounds good to him, it's some DP. He was surprised to see me. I couldn't really read his reaction, I think I was the last thing he was expecting to see towards the end of his work day. But once I left he texted me... 

"Thank you again honey :) you are so sweet! I love you so much!"


post signature

6 comments:

Laynah said...

When I first skimmed through this I read that you threw your sheets in the shower haha. Weird side story that has nothing to do with this post: I saw a show called cheapskates and this woman refused to wash her clothes because then she would have to buy laundry soap...SO she just threw them on the floor of her shower and let her soapy body suds run over them lol

Kelsey Eaton said...

So proud of you! It is hard to decline a job when you really want it but it is so worth it! What was the job for? You'll find something! PS We wash our sheets like once a week. Not sure what you are suppose to do though haha!

Amberly said...

I think our goal is to wash our sheets once a week, but sometimes we get distracted and then we realize how long it's been :P

Mindy said...

All I got from this was your question about washing sheets: once a week. I am even pretty sure Ms. Martha Stewart agrees with me {note how it isn't me agreeing with her, she agrees with me}. And if she agrees, that is sure saying something! I am not sure what it is saying, but it somethin'!

Cody Doll said...

Awe this is sooo cute. I love that you are writing out your days. I totally understand being grumpy and grateful. When I find myself being grumpy I try to find something to be grateful for. It usually helps my mood.
As for sheets: that depends on something. It's kinda embarrassing but it depends on love making. One a week for the sheets are good but if you are making love alot two to three days. Sorry for that but you can usually tell.

Angela said...

Way to go girl. Marriage isn't always easy--but being selfless helps sometimes, even when you realllly don't want to be!