ask brooklyn number one

Today I'm excited to share a new series on the blog! 


 In these posts I will answer YOUR questions honestly, with humor and maybe even with a little sass. I'm super excited about the questions I received and hope you enjoy reading the answers!

_______________

What do you want to do after hair school? 
I should graduate hair school sometime next September which is SO crazy and my first month and a half of school just flew by. I plan on working full-time doing hair, nails, and eyelash extensions like a boss at a salon that wants to hire me! I don't plan on trying to make it "big" and do celebrity hair or anything, I just want to make women feel beautiful and help their recognize their worth & potential. Eventually I want to have kids, buy a house, and create an in-home salon so I can do hair on MY time and still be a stay at home mommy to raise lots of babies. Which leads me to my next question...


When do you want to have kids? 
The answer to this question changes all the time AND it's a personal question you sneaky people. ;) But I'll tell you the truth. We currently don't plan on trying to have kids for at least 2 years. Call us selfish, call us smart but we feel like its best that we have a couple years to get to know each other and get more settled before raising a family. I'm continually praying about it and I totally just leave it in the hands of the Lord. I don't think I'll ever be "ready" to have kids, but I think when the time is right, we will be so excited for that stage. We are gonna have the cutest bleach blondest babies ever! That seemed like a politician answer huh?


What is your favorite Disney movie?
Hercules! But that is seriously such a hard question because I pretty much love them all. A few other favorites... Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tangled, and CARS.

What has been the hardest adjustment into marriage for you and your hubby?
I'm not totally sure what his answer would be, but I'm guessing it would be living with a person who isn't a clean freak. I'm not dirty by any means, but I kinda live in piles. Like piles of school stuff, clothes, self help books...
My hardest personal adjustment has been realizing how selfish I am and keeping that under control. I like to think I'm a pretty good person, and pretty giving, but then I got married. It's been interesting. I want Christmas AND Thanksgiving with my family, but that's not fair. At all. And I don't want to be that wife. Some nights I want to stay in, but it's important to him to go out. So learning to balance my wants and his wants without being a selfish brat has been hardest for me.


What is your favorite inspirational quote?
 I feel like I could dedicate an entire post to this one because I have so many. But the one that first came to mind is, "You will never influence the world by trying to be like it." We live in a society of people trying to blend in, follow trends, and be just like everyone else. And if we want anything to change, we need to be that change.

What's your diet/fitness routine like? 
Well I'll tell ya before I got married it involved a lot of fast food and hardly any gym time. But when we got married we were both determined to avoid the "newlywed 15" and so we hooked me up with a Gold's Gym pass. My personal goal is to attend the gym 4 times a week. I do Pilates and Zumba once a week. Sometimes I attend a step class or kickboxing, but usually my other two days are me going 3.0 miles per hour and watching Gossip Girl. It makes the gym a little more enjoyable for me. Classes are definitely my favorite though because they take so much focus, are so fun, and go by so fast. My husband usually runs on the treadmill and does weights.
My diet. Probably the reason I haven't lost all the weight I gained while I was engaged. We have been trying really hard. I usually have SlimFast chocolate shake for breakfast, and a lean cuisine type meal for lunch. But sometimes instead I'll have a bagel or a sandwich. When I have a chocolate craving I can usually get by on a Skinny Cow ice cream or candy bar. They are YUM! And have way less fat than regular candy bars. Sunday is our cheat day where we choose to not worry about what we eat. And date night usually involves a meal out. It's always fun. ;) 

Was it weird dating your friend's ex-boyfriend at first?
Oh this is a good story. For those who have read my LOVE STORY, you know I got set up with my husband through a friend who had previously dated him. The funny part is, I think we were almost engaged before I knew he was her ex-boyfriend. The girl who set us up is someone I had met through blogging, so I didn't even know her in real life yet. She said, "I want to set you up with a friend of mine who just got off his mission!" And it was a couple weeks into our dating before he said something about dating her and I was like, "Wait, you two dated?" haha. I wasn't offended, he thought I knew, and she didn't think it was important. I never KNEW them together. I don't know what they were like as a couple or anything. So it didn't necessarily seem like I was taking her leftovers as much as she was following a prompting to set me up with my eternal companion!

Did you ever go to college? Do you want to after hair school?
The answer is I did my two years time at Utah State University studying Elementary Education. I realized my passion for teaching just wasn't where I thought it should be. So I started looking into other fields. That's when I found cosmetology, and I LOVE everything about it. I am one class away from my associates degree at USU so once I am done with cosmetology I plan to finish that class. Currently I don't have anything I really want a degree in, so I don't plan on going back, but I always could change my mind. I plan to do hair for a living, so once I finish my associates, we will see where I am at in life.

What's your best marriage advice? 
Two whole months of marriage qualifies me to give advice? Well, I'll just re-share advice someone gave me before my wedding. "Be glad you have someone to pick up after." Although he's the clean one, I translate that quote into a lot of things. When he's late from work, "Be grateful you have someone to wait for." When we spent my birthday in his hometown this year, "Be grateful you have someone to share your birthday with." It really gives me perspective and helps me remember how blessed I am to have someone at all times. Marriage is basically like having a built in best friend. It rocks and I'd recommend it to anyone.

__________________________

Think of more questions for me? Go HERE to see the live form and ask me any question you'd like. 
P.S. It's anonymous ;)


post signature

3 comments:

Kelsey Eaton said...

This is so fun to read!! Love it.

Jennie and Husband said...

such cute answers. xoxo

Amberly said...

Great answers!!! ;)