what if i don't think i can change?

Yesterday I went back and read Drops of Awesome. An amazing blog post that went viral sometime last year. Because I've started to feel it again. That nagging feeling that I'm not enough. Does it ever end? It seems Satan has been working tirelessly on me lately. Sometimes it takes all I have to just keep my head above water.

It made me think about change. I feel like I can't get back to the healthy level I was at, I can't get rid of the zits (aka craters) all over my face. I can't keep up with all the things I feel like I should be doing for my husband. And the list goes on and on and on.

What if I don't think I can change? Sometimes I feel like no matter how many goals I set, or how hard I try, I can never quite grasp that person I want to be. Then I remembered this quote...

You may not think you can change permanently, but you can change the next choice you make. 

And for right now, that's what's getting me through. Realizing that I can change the next choice I make. And doing just that. 

post signature

4 comments:

Ashley Ziegler said...

I feel that way all the time. It's hard. Being married brings out all these things you never thought of or saw before. It shows you who you really have been all along. (At least for me). And sometimes I cry because why can't I be a perfect wife? Why can't I be nicer? Why can't I serve my husband more? It's awful. But it's exactly how Satan wants us to look at ourselves.

Just remember, God will only judge us on the intent of our hearts in our actions. So if your intent is to be a better person, and you're trying with all you can, that's all that matters. Because as you focus on your intent, you will become a better person. :)

Sorry, long comment, but I just wanted you to know I struggle with the same thing. It's really hard.

Heather said...

Hi Brooklyn! I was hoping you could answer my question I have about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

Amberly said...

I love this! That's something I need to remember, change the way I make the next choice in my life and if I get enough of those little choices in a good way, a big change will take place!

Amanda Schroeder said...

Sooo honestly, I felt like this after I got married. I had to read the Family: A Proclamation to the World like countless times. Because Satan is trying soooo hard to destroy marriages. And one if his biggest tools? Making us feel like we aren't worthy, aren't enough, or aren't the good person we really are. My husband didn't understand this for the longest time, but honestly, YOU ARE ENOUGH. I love you tons and your hubby does too :)