date night: go to an amusement park

There is an amusement park less than a half hour from our apartment, and although it's no Disneyland, there's definitely a lot of fun things to do there! So this week for our date night, we went to Lagoon with a few other couples for an event the park holds called FRIGHTMARES!


Frightmares is the perfect example of taking turns doing things you each love. I HATE haunted houses, and basically that is the whole idea behind Frightmares. I would DIE if I had to go there every week, and I'd probably never sleep again. 

But I will say that the Dippin Dots and churro made up for all the scariness. Plus, it's kinda fun to let Mr. Jolley be the big brave man. I made him promise to not ever let go of my hand, and he said "I never would. " He melts my heart.

And even though I get sick on a lot of amusement park rides, there is something totally romantic about wandering an amusement park with the love of your life. Holding hands and knowing that in that moment, all you have to focus on is having a good time. 

So check out an amusement park near you and take your honey!


post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amusement parks are so much fun!! What a cute date idea :)

Amanda Schroeder said...

FUN!!!

Amberly said...

I have one memory of Frightmares. I had my eyes covered, was really scared and then one of the cast members threw a towel at me!!! :( And I about cried...

April @ Hansen Love said...

I went to Frightmares last year with my mother in law and she made fun of me the whole time because I was scared of the people walking around. haha.