love story part 8: i love yous

The following Friday was April 12, and we were texting. Like always. Somewhere around 10 pm he texted...

"Brooklyn Burton, I think I love you. No, I don't think, I do. I love you! I didn't want the first time to be over text, but I can't wait anymore." 

I told him
"We are crazy, you know that right? I love you too, more than I ever thought I could love someone so fast." 

That weekend when he came to Logan again, he replaced the flowers I had just thrown away from our first date. A gorgeous, colorful arrangement, perfect for spring. 


This boy had me smitten. I think we spent most of the night doing the googly eyed thing at each other and just saying, "I love you..." over and over. 

He told me that after our first date he had called his older brother to ask him how he knew when his wife was the one. And everything he said, was everything Mr. Jolley was feeling. He told me that was when he knew he wanted to marry me, and he wanted to know what my opinion was. I froze... marriage talk? So soon. And after only 3 weeks of knowing me?!? I didn't know what to say...I knew what I wanted to say, but I didn't want to regret saying something I didn't mean. So I took a minute to think it over...

(to be continued)


post signature

5 comments:

Alex said...

Your love story gives me goosebumps every time!! Love this post :))

- Alex @ Radiating Sunshine
alexmhons.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until I get to that point with someone... seriously you got me all mooshy over here!
And now I know Mr. Jolley's first name... haha! :)

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

AWWW man. I wanna know what happens next. :D

Brianna said...

YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE IM CRYING

Brianna said...

PS sorry I'm stalking