love story part seven: conference & baby animals

I don't remember the exact date anymore, but somewhere along the way we met at my home to meet my family. I worked until 5 so I told him to be there a little after 6. He PURPOSELY beat me to Roy so he could schmooze my parents without me. What kind of guy wants to face the girl he's dating Dad alone for the first time? Mr. Jolley that's who.


My parents loved him. One of my little brothers became connected to his leg, the other shied away, this was a very new thing to be happening in my life.  I'd never had an "official" boyfriend.

The weekend after we became "official" it was General Conference for our church. And he came to Logan to spend it with me, even though he should've been in his hometown working on the restaurant he was starting with his brother. We may or may not have kissed through some of the first session on Saturday. (I know, pretty scandalous stuff huh?) Then we met up with my family for Baby Animal Days.



Look at that face...


Sometime over the weekend, I fell head over heels in love with Mr. Jolley. Seeing him light up when listening to the prophet, or watching him make breakfast for my roommates, or maybe it was seeing a vulnerable side of him cuddling a bunny. Whatever it was, I was just waiting for him to say those three little words...

(to be continued)



post signature

3 comments:

Kendra Klingler said...

I love how we are both sharing each others love stories. But man, I am loving yours!!! :D

The Modern Tulip said...

This makes me smile. I love seeing the tender sides of men! It's adorable!

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW